At Lexington Jiu-Jitsu & Fitness we strive to maintain a highly creative group atmosphere, so that coming in to train is the best, most energizing part of your day.
We are committed to providing you top-notch instruction in a clean, safe environment, but that’s only part of it. At the end of the day, we know that it’s because of you that we are so great. To keep this incredible atmosphere alive and flourishing, we ask that you continue to commit to the following:
1. Uphold a team Spirit.
After all, your progress is dependent on the health and safety of your training partners.
- Treat all members with politeness, honor and respect.
- Conduct yourself with honesty and integrity, even if others don’t.
- For longevity and enjoyment of the sport, train with the spirit of self-improvement, not competition.
2. Follow the hygiene protocols with gusto.
Jiu-jitsu is a close contact sport…really close. So make sure that you’re daisy fresh when you come in to train. We require that you adhere to the following:
- Take a shower within 8 hours of class time (ideally sooner) and wash your hands right before class.
- Keep your nails closely trimmed.
- Launder your athletic clothing prior to training, every time.
- If you contract a contagious illness, stay off the mats for a minimum of 48 hours or until deemed safe by a medical professional.
- Abrasions must be disinfected, and covered with a bandage and a layer of athletic tape.
- When on the mats, be barefoot, or wear clean socks/wrestling shoes. When off the mats, always wear your street shoes.
3. Let us help.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please let us know. We want to help you on your journey, and we would like you to help us improve, too. We are available to talk in person before and after class times + via text, phone and email during regular business hours.